Simplicity is the key when communicating with your audience.
- Make it an easy decision to sign up, join or register
- Ask only for the info you need initially to complete the sign up process.
- Audiences for virtual events can be generated faster than live events and can reduce marketing lead times.
- Virtual events can provide both a wider and more diverse audience and hence wider reach than traditional live events
Visitor Journey and interaction
What will be the best way will the visitor consume the content of the event?
- In real time (like live TV)
- On demand (like Netflix)
- A blend of both formats.
How long will your event last?
- All content made available on one day.
- Content to be drip fed over several days
- Will all the content be available on demand after time of first showing?
- Consider how your likely visitor will want to consume the content you are offering and when they will consume it,
How truly interactive are your ordinance?
- What interactivity is crucial to the successful delivery of your content.
- Beyond this what is your typical visitor likely to interact with and how.
Interactivity can be a burden or simply not used by a visitor if not essential and intuitive to the,
- Consider the demographic of your visitors.
- Consider the likelihood to embrace any interactivity.
- It is not unusual for lots of interactivity to be built into virtual events, only to find it has not been adopted and has made the event look under attended.
Build interest and variety into your event
Differing types of content will help with visitor engagement such as
- Keynote presentations
- Panel sessions
- Soap box or lighting presentations
- Question sessions
- Round table sessions
- General meet up and chat areas
- Virtual receptions
- Virtual Pubs or Bars with entertainment
The choice of the best platform for your event or series of events will be based on several factors
- Platform cost per event or for the duration of your event.
- Will a generic platform offer most or all of what you need?
- Can the platform reflect your brand as required?
- Can the platform meet the need of your sponsors or supporting partners?
- How many key elements of your event will you need to compromise to fit into a generic platform?
- Will a custom platform offer greater visitor and sponsors/supporting partners value? Does this value justify any additional cost?
Monetisation & Value
Who will be paying to make the evet happen?
- The answer to the above question will help ensure you deliver value to that group.
Remember with virtual events adding scale is a low cost that can add lots of perceived value to partners and sponsors
Consider giving away a number of free registrations (tickets) just ahead of the show day to payed attendees
- This will ensure you have good attendee numbers
- Consider the value of post event content and market this as appropriate.
Pricing varies and depends on your audience however
- 30-50% of a “live “event ticket price has been cited as the average fee for consumer virtual events.
- 50-70% of a “live “event ticket price has been cited as the average fee for B2B virtual events.
Virtual Event Top Tips & Things to Consider